Delightful Chinese-Style Pork and Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 4 oz ground pork
- 5 oz thinly sliced Chinese sausages (about 3 small sausages)
- 3 scallions, white parts minced, and green parts sliced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 hot red chili, seeded and minced
- 4 cups cold cooked jasmine rice or other long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh pineapple
- Start by whisking together the low-sodium soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Set this sauce aside for later.
- Heat up a wok or large skillet over high heat. Once it’s hot, add the canola oil and allow it to heat until it begins to smoke slightly.
- Add the ground pork and Chinese sausages to the hot oil. Stir-fry these ingredients over high heat, making sure to break apart the pork, until it’s lightly browned, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to add the minced white parts of the scallions, minced ginger, garlic, and minced hot red chili. Continue to stir-fry until these aromatics become fragrant, which should take about 1 minute.
- Add the cold, cooked jasmine rice to the wok. As you add it, make sure to break up any lumps with your hands. Stir-fry the rice until it’s heated through and starts to become lightly browned in spots.
- Pour the hoisin-soy sauce mixture that you set aside earlier into the wok. Stir-fry everything together until the sauce is nearly absorbed, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to add the sliced green parts of the scallions, cilantro leaves, and finely diced fresh pineapple to the wok. Give everything a good stir-fry to combine all the flavors.
- Transfer your mouthwatering Chinese-style pork and pineapple fried rice into serving bowls.
- Serve your delicious homemade fried rice and enjoy!
This delightful dish combines the savory goodness of pork and Chinese sausages with the sweetness of pineapple for a flavorful and satisfying meal. The combination of these ingredients with fragrant spices and fresh scallions and cilantro will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. So, whip up this Chinese-style pork and pineapple fried rice in your kitchen and savor the deliciousness!